Thursday 4 June 2009

Free the Crow

Sat in the cage
The crow just sqwarked
The repressive voices
Did the million man marches
Of self expression
Get diluted to fit in
With todays mamouth marathons
Of cultural exclusion
Asthe scary truths
We put upon another type
He said hitting his beak
Against the wire of the cage
Rattling him with rage
And I could see his tears
Roll on down his feather tarred up skin
I have been through the battles
And this is the respect that I get
He said featheringthe wire bars
Holding him with castration
Just as I stand and stare listening in

So free me now
And open up this cage
Because I need to flex these wings

I mean is it really freedom
If I am sat here in a cage
Being poked at by sticks or mornacades
For the gazing hauds
To hound my very image
Holding down this voices
to stereotype mimic and swipe
He crowed as I just stand here
Watching him fleet
Shuffling his across the wire
And onto the swing
He had a certain menace about him
With the scard up legs
Folding on his balance
And with one eye bleeding
These are my wounds
From masters whips and chains

So free me now
And open up this cage
Because I need to flex these wings

So I open up the cage
which was a mesh of blood nad wire
Interlocking my fingers
To pull it apart
With loud screams
I hear coming out
Out of his beaks
quivering tones of frustrations
And reliefe as the trap door
Of his life opend
Wide up to his eyes
I never thought I would see the day
When this crow could speak
With out the walls of wires
Closing me in
He sqwarked edgily
As he hobbled out
To the bright lights of the world outside
As he flew out of the cage
Shone with with a blackened velvet
Feel as he flapped his broken wings
Thanking me for de-chaining his slavoury
And giving him a right to be

So free me now
And open up this cage
Because I need to flex these wings

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of my work!