Monday 22 June 2009

Daddy Done Wronge!

Take it for the Morning hours
My muma will ring
And there will be stings in the tones
Just crying out of the phone
By my side
Hey son is your father done
To which I stare at daddy
Breaking in the baring dust
From emotions and trust fading
Like a collapse in confidence
As I staggered over to his side
Daddy please do not
Reside in dishonesty
Just speak the truth
I can feel myself quaking
As he grasps the phone
Whispers out a quiet hello

Dear Darling
Have you got the job done?
Not another financial bank rush
So your not washed up
With the other scum

I stare at Daddies eyes glaring
With drowning tones
As he tried to speak
With calm notes of undertones
To hide up the feelings
Of things falling to pieces
As a job was done with a splattering of blood
Swiping across the eyes
Of the nerving tides
As soon as threats come down
Daddy always resorted to guns and hounds
As he was raiding around
The jobs usually done with dads
Untide with resplendent grace
But there was something tying his face right up!

Dear Darling
Have you got the job done?
Not another financial bank rush
So your not washed up
With the other scum

I stare at Daddy as he mumbles and fumbles
And breaks after finishing on the phone
He paused pale and white and stammered in sight
Oh son what have I done
I have done something wronge
I said what Daddy? What have you done?
Oh son I have shot a man he screamed
Just to get away without cuts and scrapes
To make a clean job and a fast getaway
So please don't let your mother see me in this place
Because I done a job badly
He said trying to pack me off
With a limp in his leg
And I just stand there nodding agreeingly
As he cried out loud
I could hear the tears dripping out of his eyes
Like rivers flowing into streams

He said son getaway
You do not want to see this display
Oh Daddy why should I go away?
His eyes began to bleed frustration
And panicy sensations creep all over him
He had been in jail before
For slinging hooks with dodgy crooks
He just wanted to shut the door on his life
To pay for his undeserved feelings
Of life

Jeffrey Johns 23/6/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of my work!