Thursday 23 July 2009

birds in the cage

What you looking at me for
Screamed the sparrow to the Hawke
His eyes were wild and frightening
as he opened to squwark
I'm gonna pick you off
With talons rattling
Leave you in the starving quater
While I rattle and swoop
With victorious coops to prisons you

The birds in the cage,
The birds in the cage
The birds in the cage is me

The Hawke is society
Looking at me through the bars
of this flesh that sticks to my bone
as he screams out at the sparrow
I'm gonna get you alive
But the sparrow put up resistance
Building like a brick wall
As every breath the Hawke became societies Big bad Wolf
Screaming Little Pig, Little Pig
Why dont you come out and play?

The birds in the cage,
The birds in the cage
The birds in the cage is me

The sparrow tweeted out no way no way
I aint gonna come out and play
Because I'll know youll beat me again and again!

by Jeffrey Johns 23/7/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of my work!